Dennis Cicchino, who has been scoutmaster of Boy Scout Troop 41 for the past 22 years, has provided us with an update on what has been going on with the Scouts for the past year.
His report was tied to an expression of thanks for the SRC Rotary Club’s ongoing financial support over the years and a request for a “campership” to Camp Rotary this summer, at a rate of $440, which the club has granted.
Dennis reports that this past year, the troop and its 16 boys attended:
• Two winter Cabin Campouts in the Adirondacks.
• One district-wide Fall Camporee.
• One full week at summer camp, which allowed 16 boys to earn 74 merit badges plus five partial badges.
• Six Flags Camporee in Jackson, NJ.
• A weekend camporee at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY.
• A weekend encampment at Valley Forge, PA, in January.
• Six kayak and canoe trips in the Adirondacks.
• One food drive for local food pantries, and concurrent bottle drive that helped defray the everyday costs of running troop.
• One parade that was escorted by Troop 41 members.
• Hosted six other troops at an Inter-troop Winter Competition and pizza party.
• A trip to Scout Island on Lake Sacandaga for a “clean the environment” camping trip.
• Attended the New Jersey State Police and National Guard Camporee in New Jersey.
• Attended the Canadian/American Camporee in Canada.