This family night out, scheduled for Saturday, February 28, at the Glens Falls Civic Center, includes a professional hockey game, family skating and more. The details:
• Game tickets $15 per person. Order online. Be sure to enter promo code “rotary.” Or, you can call Josh at the Civic Center — 480-3355 extension 316.
• The “Upstate NY Rotary Group” free ice skating will run at the Civic Center from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
• A Governor’s Reception dinner buffet, priced at just $15 per person, will follow the skating from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Civic Center’s downstairs Heritage Hall.
• Rotary will host a 50/50 raffle, with tickets available at the door. Prizes will be handed out. Proceeds will go to The Rotary Foundation to be split between future District Grants and polio eradication efforts.
• The National Anthem will be performed by one of our own Rotarians.
• One club will be picked to do the ceremonial puck drop that night.
This should be a good platform to promote Rotary to the general public. Radio ads, in-game announcements and video board notices will be among the promotional efforts. We also will showcase and seek donations for Shelter Box in the lobby, and announcements and promotions to help fund Shelter Box will be made during the game.
A FEW OTHER INDUCEMENTS FOR SPENDING A DAY IN THE AREA:
• Discount tickets for Rotary members will be available on Saturday morning for snow skiing and tubing at nearby West Mountain Ski Center.
• For the kids and grandkids, a visit to the GO! World Awareness Children’s Museum just steps from the Civic Center (in the basement of Aimie’s Dinner and a Movie) would be a treat. It is an excellent interactive facility.
• The Glens Falls Railroad Club also is just steps from the Civic Center. It has the largest layouts of all scales of model trains in the Northeast.
• Free cross-country skiing will be offered all day at the Coles Woods park in Glens Falls.
Each club in 7190 is invited to prepare and bring poster boards, displays, brochures, cards, etc. to promote membership in their local area. Projects/events/organizations that you support locally. It’s our chance to promote and “Light up Rotary” and maybe attract a few new members.
Bring Rotary Banners if you have them. We want to cover the arena.