Guests (1): Amanda Tytz (Rotary exchange student).
• This was our first meeting at our new venue, the Spare Time Family Fun Center, 570 Columbia Turnpike, East Greenbush. President Peter thanked Murray Forth for acquiring the new venue.
• Peter thanked everyone for the Staten Island Toy Drive created by April Dowd. Murray reported on his experience delivering the 750-plus toys to the Marine Corps League’s Toys for Tots center on Staten Island.
• It was reported that the club raised about $400 from the gift basket silent auction at the annual Holiday Party, held at the Forth residence.
• The club has donated $25 to support the “Winterfest” event at Columbia High School.
• The “Bowl Over Polio” fundraiser will be held from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, January 27, at Spare Time Family Fun Center. Two sessions again will be held — noon to 2:30 p.m. and 2:30 to 5 p.m. We will again need gift cards and other certificates to be distributed as prizes during the event.
• The 2nd annual CPR Certification Course will be offered Saturday, March 16, at Maple Hill High School. Reservations may be made through Ron Annis’s Top Form physical fitness and therapy office.
• The annual Rotary Run is set for Sunday, May 19, at Green Meadow School. The goal this year will be to fund electronic timing devices for the races if we can afford it. Murray is checking on making that available. Other ideas were discussed for increasing participation, especially from the schools. Terry asked about using medallions as awards instead of trophies for about half the cost. This seems an acceptable alternative.
• Peter asked that we resume the “Rotary Home Cooking” dinners. Come to the next meeting with your ideas.
NEXT MEETING: 6:15 p.m. Thursday, January 10. Speaker: Peter Ciraulo, Executive Director (East Greenbush and Troy) of the Capital District YMCA.