As Rotarians, we expend a lot of time, effort and money in the Rotary International global battle to eradicate polio. However, too often we may think we’re getting only bits and pieces of news and information about the project that has been wildly successful in all but a few isolated countries.
That concern may be addressed by a new Rotary website called End Polio Now that is a virtual home in English and other languages that contains a variety of features. Among them:
• Compelling stories you can share about polio eradication
• Interactive, dynamic graphics that help you tell the story
• How your and others’ donations can be used to fight polio
• How to use your social media status to share Rotary’s polio story and calculate your “social worth”
• Links to polio communications resources that will help you educate and inspire others
“To achieve a polio-free world, Rotary and its partners in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative need your support to spread the word,” says Robert S. Scott, chair of Rotary’s International PolioPlus Committee. “Together, we must educate and activate individuals, organizations, and most importantly, governments, to keep up the fight to end polio now. Robust and coordinated digital outreach is necessary to reach our goal.
“Case counts have never been lower, the number of countries affected has never been fewer. The time to beat polio is now.”
Go here for the Events Calendar.