Attendance (15): Jim Leyhane, Pat Bailey, Murray Forth, Debbie Brown, Russ Edberg, Terry Brewer, Geoff Brewer, Ron Annis, Dan Annis, Dick Drumm, Carole Spencer, Rommel Tolentino, Doris Calamaras, Debbie Rodriguez, Len Leonidas.
Guests (1): James Davis.
• Membership: An official welcome to Carole Spencer, our newest member. And, James Davis has submitted paperwork to follow her lead.
1. A club getaway weekend in Vermont is being planned for either February 10-11 or March 2-3 at The Equinox Resort & Spa in Manchester Village, VT. The cost will be about $129 or $139 per night. There also is a $99 special for a Sunday-Monday stay. Contact Jim Leyhane by phone or e-mail before next Thursday if interested. Your stay could be one night if you prefer.
2. Our 2nd annual Bowl Over Polio fundraiser is scheduled for noon Sunday, January 22, at Spare Time lanes in East Greenbush.
3. CPR training for certification is scheduled for and CPR training is scheduled for Saturday, March 24.
4. Murray Forth will present a plaque to our newest Eagle Scout during a ceremony at the Elks Club this Friday.
5. Car wash tickets are still available, as are Rotary decals for car or office windows.
6. The holiday basket auction held as part of our annual party raised $435 for the club treasury.
Program: Family Ties In France
Debbie Brown spoke about the Brown family trip to France at the invitation of with Eric Roussell, a foreign exchange student who stayed with them in 1984, and his family. Three generations of each family were part of the holiday.
She showed photos of many places on their tour. Among the highlights:
Beziers, where they rode horses and rode on a zip line and visited the Canal du Midi; hiking in Montpelier; canoeing on the River Tarn; a visit to the Grotto des Demoiselles; also a medieval city and a Roman aqueduct built in the First Century C.E., and picturesque county villages.
The trip also included a visit with Eric’s parents in the village of Bagnol en Foret.
NEXT MEETING: 6:15 p.m. Thursday, January 12, at the Holiday Inn Express.
Go here for the Events Calendar.