Attendance (16): Terry Brewer, Murray Forth, Pat Bailey, Peter Brown, Debbie Brown, Russ Edberg, Ron Annis, Geoff Brewer, Phil Egan, Bill Dowd, April Dowd, Len Leonidas, Steve Phelps, Bill Kneissl, Rob Mangold, Doris Calamaras.
Guests (0): None.
• Charlie Foote reported (via e-mail from wife Barb) that he arrived at Baton Rouge, LA, on Wednesday with 15 other motorcyclists. They will proceed with the rest of the group prior to the start of the RI convention in New Orleans.
• The course will be marked Friday, and signs will go up on Sunday. Pre-registration packets will be done at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Browns’ house, 18 Clove Road, Castleton. Contact Peter at 732-7178.
• The first race will begin at Green Meadow School at 8:30 a.m. Those helping out should meet at the school at 7:30 a.m. If you are not signed up to work, come anyway; there is lots to do. Jim Leyhane has provided SRCR caps for all members. Be sure to wear it at the Run, as well as your club shirt.
• Runners need to be reminded to stay on the left side of the road for safety. Announcements will be made before each race.
• This year there will be a kids’ activity table, which Doris Calamaras is coordinating.
• Terry displayed the framed Certificate of Appreciation that will be given to each of our major sponsors. Sponsors also are listed on our website’s new “Our Sponsors” page, with links to each business that has a website.
• Awards presentation: This year we will purchase the prizes (various gift cards). Presenters have not been determined. We will present a plaque to Carol Spencer in appreciation for Phil’s contributions to the Run over the years. Each shirt sponsor will receive a shirt. There are extras which may be given to other sponsors.
[Go here for the Events Calendar.]