Attendance (14): Terry Brewer, Pat Bailey, Murray Forth, Geoff Brewer, Dick Drumm, Russ Edberg, Peter Brown, Debbie Brown, Mark Hoyt, Phil Egan, Steve Phelps, Dean Calamaras, Doris Calamaras, Jason Brown.
Guests (1): Jim Mendrysa.
[This was a club assembly, with no formal program.]
• Jim Mendrysa has turned in his paperwork to join the club. Jim is chef/owner of Talk of the Talk catering.
• President Terry expects to hold another membership dinner-meeting in March to welcome new members and host prospective ones.
• Terry circulated the sign-up sheet for providing programs for the rest of the 2010-2011 Rotary Year. Let event coordinator Jim Leyhane know who your speaker will be.
• Roberto Martinez will be hosting a Member Home Dinner Series event at his residence on Saturday, January 29. Let coordinator Jim know if you wish to attend.
• Exchange Student Program: Mark Hoyt reported that Enzo, our student from France, will be in Montreal for a week and will move to the Johnson residence after his return. He is joining the ski club at Maple Hill High School. At the end of January, all exchange students in the District will gather in Schodack for another weekend get-together.
• The club’s International Dinner will be held Thursday, April 7. Maple Hill Middle School is available as a venue. Proceeds from the dinner will benefit the exchange program.
• The club donated donated $250 to the East Greenbush Transportation Dept. for support of its “Winterfest” event.
• President Terry discussed where the club is as of mid-year and the plans for the rest of the year. Topics covered included: Youth & Foreign Exchange Programs, Membership and membership dinners, Rotary Foundation pledges/donations, fundraising activities, scholarship recognition awards, and future Rotary programs. Terry provided a written report of our 2010 activities and plans for the rest of 2011.
• Discussion of the annual Rotary Run was held. It was noted that there may be a need to find another location.
NEXT MEETING: 6:15 p.m. Thursday, January 20. Bill Dowd will be presenting the program, “Castles of Scotland and Ireland.”
[Go here for the Events Calendar.]