GUEST SPEAKER JAMES BUTTERWORTH IS FLANKED BY JIM LEYHANE AND TERRY BREWER.
Southern Rensselaer County Rotary Club
Minutes of December 9, 2010
Attendance (15): Terry Brewer, Pat Bailey, Murray Forth, Peter Brown, Debbie Brown, Carol Orvis, Jim Leyhane, Bill Dowd, Charlie Foote, Doris Calamaras, Russ Edberg, Ron Annis, Len Leonidas, Dick Drumm, Bill Kneissl.
Guests (1): James Butterworth.
Dr. Jim Butterworth, executive director of the UAlbany-affiliated Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA), had a long career in teaching and administration in the East Greenbush and Schodack schools. In his current position, he oversees programs to assist schools in keeping abreast of developments and new requirements with seminars, webinars, news alerts and on-site staff development. A large area is served. Jim answered numerous questions on different and related areas, particularly what he sees is the need for school districts to redefine themselves in an era of heightened expectations and lowered finances.
• President Terry welcomed our newest member, Ron Annis (right), to the club. Ron is president and owner of Top Form Inc. in Schodack. He is a certified athletic trainer, certified strength and conditioning specialist, and a Level One Olympic development coach.
• The club will make a $150 donation to Doors of Hope for food baskets.
• The club received an invoice for RYLA students.
• Next week is our holiday gathering at the Forth residence. Don’t forget the holiday baskets.
• The club received a thank-you note from Holiday Inn Express.
• Bill Dowd reported that our club website now has a link to a blog being written by our exchange student spending this academic year in Finland.
• Jim Leyhane reminded us that car wash tickets still are available from Murray.
• The club will NOT meet on December 23 and 30 due to the holidays. We will resume our regular schedule at 6:15 p.m. Thursday, January 6, at the Holiday Inn Express.
[Go here for the Events Calendar.]